Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Run (the processor of one's computer) at a speed higher than that intended by the manufacturers.
- ‘So, overclocking the card to those speeds yielded a nice performance increase.’
- ‘We look at what happens when both processors are overclocked at 4.1 GHz.’
- ‘Basically, this bit of software allows the video card to be overclocked beyond ATI's default clock speeds without invalidating the warranty.’
- ‘So you can overclock your Athlon 64 processor with the multiplier locked from above, without worrying about the peripheral devices.’
- ‘This should prove to help with overclocking the video card beyond its default clock speeds.’
- ‘This allowed us to overclock the processor by increasing the FSB frequency, without worrying about any peripheral devices.’
- ‘After a reboot, we then overclocked the video card in XTurbo mode, which used slightly higher voltages on the core and memory.’
- ‘If you do want less noise and/or more cooling performance, or intend to overclock your CPU, any of the coolers shown here represents an improvement.’
- ‘The act of overclocking a CPU increases the temperature since more work is being done at one time.’
- ‘If overclocking the Prescott is in your plans, air cooling is probably not the way to go.’
- ‘With the stock performance we've seen today, we almost forgot about overclocking it.’
- ‘Even more odd was the fact that it happened again when overclocking the video card.’
- ‘That's truly the most important thing when you overclock the processor by raising the bus frequency.’
- ‘The next task was to try to stress the system a little more, by providing more voltage and overclocking the CPU.’
- ‘Tom has found a way of overclocking the socket processors from AMD.’
- ‘On the next page, we'll look at overclocking both CPUs with each cooler and consider noise factors.’
- ‘The Hardware Monitor Setup lets you overclock the computer in a multitude of ways.’
- ‘We managed to overclock both the video cards and processor without hitch.’
- ‘If you are not overclocking you may be able to unplug the fan in order to make your PC a little quieter.’
- ‘Many hardware sites have cheerfully overclocked Athlon processors and in the process given AMD a reputation for clock speed, which has undoubtedly boosted chip sales.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.