One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The overlapping of the lower teeth by the upper.count noun ‘an eager boy with an overbite’
- ‘Liam, the orange-haired boy with the overbite from my Political Science class, stopped beside my table.’
- ‘She has a slight overbite, which is difficult to notice.’
- ‘He had a rather big nose and seemed to have an overbite.’
- ‘In particular, he reported that abnormal children with stress-related emotional disturbances had a higher number of instances of overbite and open bite than did normal children.’
- ‘He also had large incisor teeth and the typical overbite characteristic of other kings from his family.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.