One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An excessive quantity.‘the country suffers from an overabundance of laws’‘George was not blessed with an overabundance of intellect’
- ‘It's divided into simple categories and the pages aren't stuffed with an overabundance of information.’
- ‘Start with the pot, which should be fairly shallow so it won't store an overabundance of moisture.’
- ‘'Too much' implies a negative, 'so much' a pleasant overabundance.’
- ‘With perceptions of safety and liquidity enveloping the entire American credit-creating process, credit is issued today in unparalleled overabundance.’
- ‘They target a variety of subjects, including formalism in art, our current obsession with terrorism, and American overabundance.’
- ‘In an age of information overabundance, we need cultural elites more than ever to stand over and above the cultural morass of mediocrity.’
- ‘Instead of faltering dollar liquidity, we see today ample evidence of a continued overabundance.’
- ‘I don't recommend trying that yourself unless you have a real overabundance of personal charm.’
- ‘This situation results from an overabundance of a chemical salt, frequently the result of over-fertilizing.’
- ‘We're also wasting precious natural resources to fuel the American appetite for an overabundance of food.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.