One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An excessive quantity.‘the country suffers from an overabundance of laws’‘George was not blessed with an overabundance of intellect’
- ‘'Too much' implies a negative, 'so much' a pleasant overabundance.’
- ‘Start with the pot, which should be fairly shallow so it won't store an overabundance of moisture.’
- ‘They target a variety of subjects, including formalism in art, our current obsession with terrorism, and American overabundance.’
- ‘Instead of faltering dollar liquidity, we see today ample evidence of a continued overabundance.’
- ‘In an age of information overabundance, we need cultural elites more than ever to stand over and above the cultural morass of mediocrity.’
- ‘We're also wasting precious natural resources to fuel the American appetite for an overabundance of food.’
- ‘It's divided into simple categories and the pages aren't stuffed with an overabundance of information.’
- ‘This situation results from an overabundance of a chemical salt, frequently the result of over-fertilizing.’
- ‘With perceptions of safety and liquidity enveloping the entire American credit-creating process, credit is issued today in unparalleled overabundance.’
- ‘I don't recommend trying that yourself unless you have a real overabundance of personal charm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.