One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not sufficiently strict or severe.‘maybe we were over-tolerant with protesters’
slack, slipshod, negligent, neglectful, remiss, careless, heedless, unmindful, inattentive, slapdash, offhand, casualView synonyms
- ‘It was never the Scottish character to be over-tolerant of strange religions.’
- ‘I don't know where you get the idea that I am over-tolerant of her caprices!’
- ‘He is almost over-tolerant of the demands that are made on him.’
- ‘Unfortunately our over-tolerant attitude to wrongdoing of any nature has created a second generation underclass.’
- ‘The teaching attitude of the professors becomes conciliatory to the students and largely over-tolerant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.