One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessively suspicious.‘an over-suspicious nature’
irrationally anxious, paranoiac, suspicious, mistrustful, distrustful, fearful, insecureView synonyms
- ‘The speeches of the noble Lords revealed something of an over-suspicious misunderstanding of what the effect of the clause means.’
- ‘His sense of insufficiency made him both over-trusting and over-suspicious.’
- ‘Horatio is the one true friend whom the over-suspicious Hamlet trusts implicitly.’
- ‘There is such a thing in life as being over-suspicious.’
- ‘I may be over-suspicious, but I see a "heavy hand" coming from here to Edinburgh to make sure that the Scottish freedom of information Act is no more liberal than the one we are being asked to pass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.