One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessively suspicious.‘an over-suspicious nature’
irrationally anxious, paranoiac, suspicious, mistrustful, distrustful, fearful, insecureView synonyms
- ‘His sense of insufficiency made him both over-trusting and over-suspicious.’
- ‘The speeches of the noble Lords revealed something of an over-suspicious misunderstanding of what the effect of the clause means.’
- ‘There is such a thing in life as being over-suspicious.’
- ‘I may be over-suspicious, but I see a "heavy hand" coming from here to Edinburgh to make sure that the Scottish freedom of information Act is no more liberal than the one we are being asked to pass.’
- ‘Horatio is the one true friend whom the over-suspicious Hamlet trusts implicitly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.