One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Treating complex issues and problems as if they were much simpler than they really are; simplistic.‘a wildly over-simplistic song about what it takes to be happy’‘an over-simplistic comparison’
- ‘He has faced many critics who claim that plain English is inaccurate and oversimplistic.’
- ‘It would be oversimplistic to ascribe the decline of armour solely to the invention of gunpowder and the portable personal weapon.’
- ‘Brazil has carved out a path that is not based on ideology or over-simplistic economics.’
- ‘There is a real problem with much contemporary writing about health, in that it is over-simplistic, written by people who are trying to push a particular theory or aspect of health.’
- ‘This image of the suburban patriarch was oversimplistic.’
- ‘The authors' oversimplistic approach, although convenient, is unscientific.’
- ‘The mantra 'speed kills' is as over-used as it is over-simplistic.’
- ‘It is over-simplistic to assume the entire site would be used for housing.’
- ‘I think that this site is full of over-simplistic ranting and is very poorly researched.’
- ‘The mission statement was over-simplistic.’
- ‘Financial self-sufficiency in three years is an over-simplistic criterion and should be scrapped.’
- ‘These stereotypes have proven to be oversimplistic, with the result that the hypothesis is increasingly criticized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.