One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person) fussy about details.‘passengers who were not over-particular about their time of arrival’
troublesome, tiresome, trying, exasperating, demanding, unmanageable, intractable, perverse, contrary, recalcitrant, obstreperous, refractory, fractiousView synonyms
- ‘Instead of establishing the system and order you would like, you are over-particular in some things that matter to you personally but lax and indulgent in other ways.’
- ‘An aquaintence maybe, but a friend? Maybe its because of my over-particular use of language, but I don't think anyone can become friends in the span of five minutes.’
- ‘But in his over-particular vanity and his envy he was indefatigable in the striving for power.’
- ‘Am I right to question his eating habits, or am I being over-particular about mine?’
- ‘So that's my over-particular long ramble for the day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.