One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Graafian follicle
- ‘Tissue remodeling occurs as ovarian follicles undergo maturation or atresia.’
- ‘In the middle of a female mammal's reproductive cycle, a surge of luteinizing hormone floods an ovarian follicle, triggering changes that lead to the maturation and release of an egg.’
- ‘Estrogens are primarily secreted by the ovarian follicles and the corpus luteum in the non-pregnant females; in pregnancy, the major source is the placenta.’
- ‘Depleted levels of vitamin C may contribute to the demise of the corpus luteum, the mature ovarian follicle that ruptures to expel a potential mature ovum, or oocyte, in females.’
- ‘In the first half of the menstrual cycle, ovarian follicles, containing an egg, develop, and produce increasing amounts of oestrogen.’
- ‘Pathogenetically, the development of an ovarian pregnancy is a result of the retention of the ovum in the ovarian operculum and its continued entrapment within the ruptured ovarian follicle.’
- ‘Limited nitrogen consumption before hibernation constrains egg production, apparently by limiting prehibernatory development of ovarian follicles.’
- ‘In fact, in one strain, the number of ovarian follicles actually increased with age from birth to young adulthood, despite marked atresia (degeneration).’
- ‘In mice, PCB ingestion has been associated with a reduction in the number of ovarian follicles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.