One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The action or process by which something is brought to completion.‘the practical outworking of EU legislation’
- ‘Now, moving backwards through Scripture, we will see the outworking of this plan through history.’
- ‘It is an outworking of both laws and chance happenings.’
- ‘Faith in Hebrews is always described in terms of its outworking.’
- ‘The outworking of that motion hasn't been finalised.’
- ‘If it is an outworking of our argument, then I do not shrink from that.’
- ‘It is clear that a Government does have a responsibility to provide laws to enable the just and equitable outworking of many relationships in society.’
- ‘It is one thing to accept God's Word by faith, but it is another thing to act on that faith and show forth its practical outworking.’
- ‘The history of the human race provides a long, sad record of the outworking of curses pronounced upon such people.’
- ‘The objective record of history confirms the outworking of both.’
- ‘Any outworking of this dominion mandate must be for good, not evil.’
- ‘I suspect that the outworking of this provision will need to be closely monitored because it is unable to be reviewed or challenged.’
- ‘This he sees as the latest outworking of a history which involves a ‘collision between contingency and enduring tradition.’’
- ‘He then moves from the history of the dichotomy to its outworking in recent scholarship.’
- ‘Morality was the outworking of religious conversion and was viewed as necessary for civic participation in the nation.’
- ‘The following illustration might help us see how archaeological information can bring greater understanding to specific incidents and their outworking in Scripture.’
- ‘The paper also ignores the practical difficulties inherent in the outworking of a political settlement which has an acceptance of the unionist veto as its central tenet.’
2Australian The action or process of doing outwork.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.