One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Last longer than.‘a material that will outwear any other waterproof sheeting’
- ‘Clocking in at a respectable 44 minutes, the band never outwears its welcome on the listener.’
- ‘It opens with abrasive electronics - mixing board screeches and processed vocal squalls - that outwear their welcome.’
- ‘Cooper takes this advantage and presses the issue for twenty-seven minutes, crafting short themes that are memorable enough to never outwear their welcome.’
- ‘The free market system has at last come of age and the desirability and need for planned economies such as the welfare state have outworn their use and outstayed their welcome.’
- ‘When the cage outwore its novelty and was sent back to the warehouse, the company was going to discard it.’
- ‘The last thing you want is for something tragic to outwear its welcome by cutting into your relaxation time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.