One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Investment whereby the property or company invested in is based in a country other than that from which the capital originates and to which the profit or income returns.
- ‘In this period, manufacturing foreign investment, the establishment of international plants, consistently accounted for 35-55 percent of outward investment in a given year.’
- ‘The boom in the Irish economy in the late 1990s has resulted in substantial outward investment from Ireland.’
- ‘In the fourth stage, outward investment comes to exceed foreign investment.’
- ‘Ireland now ranks as the EU's eighth largest investor in terms of outward investment per capita.’
- ‘On the other hand, financial capital is also generally opposed to EU withdrawal, despite its heavy investment in the US, the single biggest destination of British outward investment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.