One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Investment whereby the property or company invested in is based in a country other than that from which the capital originates and to which the profit or income returns.
- ‘On the other hand, financial capital is also generally opposed to EU withdrawal, despite its heavy investment in the US, the single biggest destination of British outward investment.’
- ‘The boom in the Irish economy in the late 1990s has resulted in substantial outward investment from Ireland.’
- ‘In the fourth stage, outward investment comes to exceed foreign investment.’
- ‘Ireland now ranks as the EU's eighth largest investor in terms of outward investment per capita.’
- ‘In this period, manufacturing foreign investment, the establishment of international plants, consistently accounted for 35-55 percent of outward investment in a given year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.