One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Beyond the boundaries of.‘a village 20 miles outside of New York’
- ‘The site is in the Green Belt, and outside of any defined development boundary.’
- 1.1 Apart from.‘outside of an unfortunate sermon, he never put a foot wrong’
excluding, not including, excepting, omitting, leaving out, not counting, but, besides, barring, bar, other than, exclusive of, saving, save, apart from, aside fromView synonyms
- ‘It dawned on me that we hadn't actually sat opposite each other outside of a scene from the play before then.’
- ‘This means that members of the public will have to use the park's public toilets outside of these hours.’
- ‘Stop thinking the day is about anything outside of religion besides having a good time.’
- ‘He accepts that, outside of a handful of top flight clubs, few will have his take-home pay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.