Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Score more than (an opponent) in a game.‘the Redskins had been outscored by the Cowboys’
- ‘The Wizards' interior defense has been awful, but they've been able to outscore opponents.’
- ‘Even though it split its first four games, Philly had outscored its opponents 104-62.’
- ‘With a dominant ground game and a stingy defense, the Dolphins are outscoring their opponents by the largest margin of any team in the league other than the Chargers, who are tied with the Dolphins.’
- ‘The Celtics had failed to outscore their opponent in the each of their last eight quarters played entering last weekend.’
- ‘The days when the team depended upon simply outscoring its opponents are long gone under coach Scott Skiles.’
- ‘The Steelers have not allowed a touchdown in four games, outscoring opponents by a combined 66-9.’
- ‘Because of their shoddy defense, the Colts have had to rely on outscoring opponents to win games, especially indoors.’
- ‘The Oakland Raiders started the season as the class of the league, winning their first four games and outscoring their opponents 162-90 in the process.’
- ‘At home, they've won four in a row and have outscored opponents by an average score of 39-17.’
- ‘Before that, the Chargers outscored their opponents 47-3 in the first quarter.’
- ‘Those 2001 Rams outscored their opponents by 230 points and ranked first in offense and third in defense.’
- ‘The Vikings are the best in the NFL in point differential, outscoring opponents 151-84 this season.’
- ‘During the streak, the offense surged to an eye-popping 3.92 goals per game, outscoring opponents 47-20.’
- ‘Furthermore, coach John Fox's team outscored its opponents by a total of only 21 points.’
- ‘The inability to outscore opponents is the kind of problem that dooms individuals, teams and species to utter failure.’
- ‘The goal is to outscore the opponent, and the Cardinals' offense either provides the lead or the threat of a comeback at any moment.’
- ‘Right now, it sure looks like Oakland is going to have to outscore opponents to win games this year.’
- ‘Cleveland has a lot of defensive problems and needs the offense to be on the same page to outscore opponents.’
- ‘The object of the game is to outscore your opponent.’
- ‘They swept seven games, outscoring opponents 40-9 and beating the United States for the gold.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.