One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Ride better, faster, or further than.
- ‘Courtly manners or no, I will still outride you!’
- ‘It's just that we can't outride anyone without the horses.’
- ‘My suggestion - ride cross country in autumn, or outride the skeeters.’
- ‘Adam also didn't mind sharing the horse-breaking chore one bit and openly encouraged, coerced and cajoled his younger brother into attempting to outride him.’
- ‘Surely they would have seen it and been able to outride it.’
2archaic (of a ship) come safely through (a storm).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.