One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Receive more votes than.‘the Labour Party outpolled the Conservatives in the region by nearly two to one’
- ‘The current Labour government followed its November 1999 election success by outpolling National 41% to 21% in July 2002 elections.’
- ‘In four inner Melbourne electorates, the Greens won more than 20 percent, outpolling the Liberals.’
- ‘The Tories outpolled New Labour in England.’
- ‘The Liberals overwhelmingly won the over-55 vote at the election, while Labor outpolled them in just about every other age group.’
- ‘From the early 1930s the Church was joined by sectarian political parties such as Glasgow's Scottish Protestant League and Edinburgh's Protestant Action, which outpolled the Labour party in some municipal elections.’
- ‘He outpolled his rivals in the unseemly but crucial contest for cash raised in the first quarter of 2003.’
- ‘Then, it turned out we saw that the li'l guy outpolled even the clearly best person.’
- ‘They got twice its vote at the last election, and have consistently outpolled it by a wide margin ever since.’
- ‘Where in 2003 the Greens outpolled the Liberal primary vote in all 25 booths, that figure slipped to 17 booths in 2004.’
- ‘Last October's local elections revealed it to be a formidable force, outspending and outpolling the competition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.