One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Defeat (an opponent) on points.‘Berbick outpointed him easily’
- ‘Thirteen months later he outpointed him in a rematch.’
- ‘They were able to outpoint their host country opponents in one bout each, in a match that lasted a total of 26 minutes 47 seconds and resulted in a 34 to 15 score line.’
- ‘The World and Olympic champion outpointed the teenager back in May, but he states: ‘I am now a very, very different fighter.’’
- ‘He outpointed his opponent to win a unanimous decision.’
- ‘A southpaw, he suffered his first and only defeat in his seventh bout when he was outpointed over 10 rounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.