One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Defeat (an opponent) on points.‘Berbick outpointed him easily’
- ‘The World and Olympic champion outpointed the teenager back in May, but he states: ‘I am now a very, very different fighter.’’
- ‘He outpointed his opponent to win a unanimous decision.’
- ‘They were able to outpoint their host country opponents in one bout each, in a match that lasted a total of 26 minutes 47 seconds and resulted in a 34 to 15 score line.’
- ‘A southpaw, he suffered his first and only defeat in his seventh bout when he was outpointed over 10 rounds.’
- ‘Thirteen months later he outpointed him in a rematch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.