One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer program, or part of a program, which allows its user to create and edit a hierarchically arranged outline of the logical structure of a document.
- ‘That method works well for me because for any moderately lengthy document I'll have used the outliner to put the skeleton of the document in place.’
- ‘I tend to use it as an outliner and my students use it both as a note taker and a study guide.’
- ‘Brilliantly, notebooks are not hierarchic, so no outliners here.’
- ‘For example, the web site allows you to purchase their excellent outliner software online.’
- ‘The word processor lacks the ability to be used as a proper outliner, concealing or hiding paragraphs according to their heading level.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.