One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A box giving access to connections to electric wiring where it is led out of conduits.
- ‘Mount the control to the outlet box and install a rocker-style cover plate.’
- ‘If there is more than one set of wires in an outlet box, they may be on a separate circuit.’
- ‘Terminate these cables and the conduit in a couple of electrical outlet boxes with blank covers.’
- ‘Then remove the cover plate and shine a flashlight into the crack around the outlet box.’
- ‘You can buy hollow electrical outlet boxes as well.’
- ‘Avoid electrical shock by mapping and marking your switch and outlet boxes.’
- ‘They put an outlet box - just like the ones behind the switch plates in your house - in each square.’
- ‘It is often possible to check for wall insulation by removing the cover plates from electric outlets and shining a flashlight into the crack between the outlet box and the wall board.’
- ‘Use a fish tape to snag the wire and pull it through the existing outlet box and through the wall.’
- ‘The white wire within the cable that goes to the switch will be made hot, so it must be marked with black electrical tape at the outlet box, to distinguish it from the other neutral wires.’
- ‘The outlet box should be located in the wall directly above the area to be warmed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.