One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For many peasants, the double burden of taxation and war led either to outlawry or to the one available source of protection, a powerful local individual.’
- ‘After the war they spearheaded a broad, politically active peace movement that, however, promoted contending programs, including arms limitation, outlawry of war, and international organization.’
- ‘Then, the movement depended upon moral outlawry to move its agenda forward.’
- ‘It is actually not such an exercise in glorious outlawry as all that.’
- ‘He admired outlaws when their outlawry was conducted with daring and intelligence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.