One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If you do happen to be travelling on a country road in the next week or two and you come across 120 cars, buses and trucks, which have been outlandishly decorated, don't panic!’
- ‘The solos, while clearly demonstrating proficiency and accomplishment on the various instruments, were not outlandishly virtuoustic (as one often finds with emerging jazz groups trying to consolidate their place on the scene).’
- ‘Said hedge fund manager offered the hoariest excuse known to man for doing a merger: because you want to gain control of an asset whose owner is charging outlandishly high rents.’
- ‘Strange as they look and outlandishly as they may behave, they won't bite, usually.’
- ‘And in come the mummers, faces muffled and painted, outlandishly costumed in multicolored skirts, frock coats, long-johns, turned jackets, stuffed pants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.