One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fly faster, further, or with more agility than.‘a high-powered combat aircraft that can outfly anything’
- ‘Though not conventionally beautiful, they possess other graces: soaring effortlessly on teetering wings upraised in a characteristic V, with scarcely a flap they outfly even eagles.’
- ‘He spent his life defying and outflying death.’
- ‘And so it continued, each squadron trying to outfly the other to rapturous applause from the crowd.’
- ‘‘I should have guessed there was more to you than meets the eye, especially when I found out that you could outfly aircraft!’’
- ‘The hobby is one of the very few birds of prey capable of outflying swifts, perhaps at a speed approaching 100 mph.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.