One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounthe outer man
1A man's body or physical needs and desires.
- ‘To Proust a train was an encounter between the inner and outer man.’
- 1.1 A man's clothes or personal appearance.
- ‘Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.’
- ‘To this slight picture of the outer man I must add a sketch of his moral qualities, for I believe I can now judge him impartially.’
- ‘Truth is, when you get the inner man all cleaned up (this is a continual process) it will be reflected in the outer man.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.