One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounthe outer man
1A man's body or physical needs and desires.
- ‘To Proust a train was an encounter between the inner and outer man.’
- 1.1 A man's clothes or personal appearance.
- ‘To this slight picture of the outer man I must add a sketch of his moral qualities, for I believe I can now judge him impartially.’
- ‘Truth is, when you get the inner man all cleaned up (this is a continual process) it will be reflected in the outer man.’
- ‘Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.