One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Drink more than.
- ‘They will look away in shame as the one-legged man outdrinks the whole party.’
- ‘She cannot attack his palette, and she surely cannot outdrink him.’
- ‘They have a group of beefy sluggers who, as one scout says, look like a bunch of good ol' boys who will outhit you on the field, then outdrink you at the tavern.’
- ‘She's a strange type - ten to one she can outdrink her, should it come to that.’
- ‘If you had the sedative with you, why did you try outdrinking him?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.