Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
curved outwards, camberedView synonyms
- ‘The bases all have a small, flaring base ring with an outcurved, rounded edge.’
- ‘It was an outcurved bow like those of Bach's time, one of the most exquisitely made I have ever seen.’
- ‘The face is outcurved in the central section, showing the nose quite prominent, convexed in its build and strongly defined.’
- ‘The bows used for the main part of the programme were outcurved, made in snakewood.’
- ‘The range of forms is limited, the commonest being the deep bowl with an outcurved rim.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.