One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Fifty feet below, the cabin squats near the tumbledown outcropping of rock like a demonic toad.’
- ‘In 2002, a dozen Moroccan soldiers planted a flag on Parsley Island, a small, uninhabited outcropping off the shore near Ceuta.’
- ‘I had my tripod set up on a rock outcropping in the direction of the wind.’
- ‘Just 6 m to 8 m from the lander lies an outcropping of bedrock, the first recorded on Mars.’
- ‘My den was probably a cubbyhole in some hillock or outcropping of rock.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.