One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At a time when it is not one's turn.‘he played out of turn’
- ‘In stroke play there is no penalty for playing out of turn.’
- ‘If you play out of turn, your opponent may require you to cancel and replay the stroke, without penalty.’
- ‘Examples of discourteous actions are: shouting, freestyling, slapping course equipment, throwing out of turn and throwing or kicking golf bags.’
- ‘The audience waits a little anxiously - no one wants to applaud out of turn.’
- ‘There was an incident of batting out of turn.’
- ‘They should have been disqualified for playing out of turn at the semi-final.’
- ‘The player was red-carded for shooting out of turn.’
- ‘Anyone who plays out of turn should be disqualified.’
- ‘They would then complain to the referee that she had played out of turn.’
- ‘One of the guards saluted out of turn, slower than the others, and he winked, deliberately mocking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.