One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
No longer active or able to succeed in something.‘the politician's been out of the game for five years’
- ‘I should have been out of the game, but I was forced into the fund-raising business.’
- ‘I've been out of the game for a while and I've let myself become lazy.’
- ‘It seems to me that he has been out of the game for too long.’
- ‘I don't agree with people who say he will be quickly forgotten once he's out of the game.’
- ‘He has been out of the game for five years, and now, you can see, he wants to get back in.’
- ‘The way I see it in the Jones fight, I was out of the game before the fight even started.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.