One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Rarely occurring; unusual.‘it is odd, yes, but not so out of the common’
unusual, uncommon, atypical, untypical, non-typical, unrepresentative, rare, isolated, irregular, anomalous, deviant, deviating, divergent, wayward, aberrant, freak, freakishView synonyms
- ‘She was never at a loss for words out of the common, and an increasing deafness made her find talking easier than listening.’
- ‘I am sure it was something quite out of the common.’
- ‘But I couldn't let her go with the knowledge that something out of the common was happening.’
- ‘Something out of the common was happening but I felt the need to stop it anyway.’
- ‘Nothing sharpens the wits so much as a passion out of the common.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.