One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Outdo or overcome in talking.‘he was out-talked by his mother’
- ‘It looked like they were all trying to out-talk the others.’
- ‘We are perfectly capable of out-talking anybody in Scotland when it comes to having a chat.’
- ‘‘Well, you'll always be able to out-talk me,’ Ms Grant said.’
- ‘They believe that if he is another suitor to Bianca, he will out-talk the rest of them.’
- ‘On a less serious note Janet says: ‘He's one of the few people I've met who can out-talk me.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.