Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A scene, sequence, or song filmed or recorded for a film, programme, or record album but not included in the final version.
- ‘The three Anthology albums of unreleased out-takes attracted an unprecedented level of media attention.’
- ‘And the skiing holiday slapstick is like an out-take from a Jerry Lewis movie.’
- ‘These re-issues include several out-takes and have been remastered in 24-bit sound.’
- ‘There are plenty of extra tracks and studio out-takes, a fan's treasure trove.’
- ‘Are the three new songs really new, or are they out-takes from previous albums?’
- ‘What I'd forgotten was that a fascinating hour-long ‘Making of’ on the disc also includes bits of the out-takes.’
- ‘Visitors can participate in an interactive computer game testing their potential as a secret service officer, and watch unseen film footage and out-takes of several stunts.’
- ‘Ideally, I'd like the remaining songs to come out as an out-takes album one day, but they'll probably be used for B-sides and special releases.’
- ‘In 2001 she released an album of live material and out-takes, but afterwards decided to take a break, concentrating instead on her new-found domestic bliss.’
- ‘Events are covered chronologically and supplemented by clips from over 120 films, contemporary interviews, archival footage, and film out-takes.’
- ‘And when the out-takes fail to carry their usual verve, you just know you have witnessed a particularly bad movie.’
- ‘The out-take scene used over the final credits is a cringe-making business that doesn't even deserve to make it on to the DVD.’
- ‘For example, those of us who do not own a DVD player don't get to view all the extra footage, behind-the-scenes out-takes, deleted scenes and yummy features that DVDs - but not videos - contain.’
- ‘And make sure you stay for the monster out-takes as the final credits roll.’
- ‘Even the out-takes fail to generate any laughs!’
- ‘Twenty minutes of deleted and alternate scenes, scads of out-takes, the original BBC2 trailer and commentaries for every episode from the entire cast are only a few of the more notable highlights.’
- ‘There are strange out-takes from 1960s documentaries on plutonium waste-disposal and magnetism.’
- ‘The overall effect was similar to a record company's release of remixed songs and studio out-takes on a ‘new and improved’ album.’
- ‘I think the out-takes are pretty revealing because you usually see Jackie getting hurt or something going awry.’
- ‘Perhaps I'm being overly picky but I think it would have been cool to have seen some deleted scenes or out-takes on this or any of the other films in the box set.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.