One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who has settled in a remote area.‘on the banks of the river we came upon the establishment of an out-settler’
- ‘Six of his relatives, in a furious access of revengeful feeling, attacked the house of an out-settler.’
- ‘In these parts of the bush the small hut of the out-settler may often be espied.’
- ‘Four members of the out-settler family were killed.’
- ‘The short, sharp crack of the out-settler's rifle startled the silence of the pine-forest.’
- ‘He went to the house of an out-settler and struck at him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.