One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for stand-off half
- ‘But the out-half shanked the conversion, perhaps a fitting post - script to a French performance that was strangely misguided.’
- ‘The out-half stepped inside the cover to score.’
- ‘His eye-line was low to the ground, his brain too busy processing the running angle of the opposition out-half.’
- ‘Their out-half took a quick tap and managed to side-step the initial Newry defence, allowing the home team to move the ball wide.’
- ‘This time their out-half placed a delicate chip into the corner and the Mullingar winger beat the cover to claim the try to leave the score 29-0 in their favour at halftime.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.