One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hereditary disorder causing progressive deafness due to overgrowth of bone in the inner ear.
- ‘Twenty percent have deafness due to otosclerosis.’
- ‘A small percentage have otosclerosis (fused inner ear bones) helped by an operation.’
- ‘Medication can prevent further progression of otosclerosis but it will not improve your hearing.’
- ‘Although it is often associated with disorders of the ear itself, including blockage of the ear canal by wax, otosclerosis, and Menière's disease, it is now apparent that neural activity within the brain may be a more important factor.’
- ‘Leading causes of conductive hearing loss include cerumen impaction, otitis media, and otosclerosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.