Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A surgical operation to restore or enhance the appearance of an ear or the ears.
- ‘Other procedures available are otoplasty (ear correction), rhinoplasty, liposculpture, penile enhancement and face, neck and brow lifts to name but a few.’
- ‘After six months without glue, the skin had healed, and we performed a limited otoplasty recreating his absent antihelical fold.’
- ‘It took six months for his severe skin reaction to heal before surgeons could perform a limited otoplasty on the young man.’
- ‘Most otoplasty procedures can be done on an outpatient basis.’
- ‘The most common treatment for prominent ears is an operation called pinnaplasty - also known as an otoplasty or ‘ear pinning’ operation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.