One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Friday night brought a minor but fierce drama to our bunkroom, when her otolaryngological night-symphony (which is to say, her snoring) drove a furious young traveller to sleep in the hall.’
- ‘Others have also reported treatment with thyroid hormone can ameliorate various otolaryngological problems; however, some investigators have failed to observe any benefit from this treatment.’
- ‘Two patients had more serious permanent hoarseness and were waiting for otolaryngological review.’
- ‘Surgical otolaryngological services to the northern half of the Northern Territory of Australia are provided by staff of the Royal Darwin Hospital.’
- ‘Any patient who has dysphonia for more than two weeks should be referred for otolaryngological examination, especially if they report any high risk factors for organic disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.