Relating to the ear.
- ‘In the remaining time before hatching, eyes develop from the optic vesicles, and the inner ear develops from the otic vesicles.’
- ‘Compromise of the arteries supplying the otic region can lead to tinnitus, hearing loss and vertigo.’
- ‘Like the ethmoid and otic regions, it is strongly associated with a suite of important sensory structures.’
- ‘This nerve carries the otic ganglion, which is derived from glossopharyngeal neurons.’
- ‘It forms the floor of the braincase under the posterior part of the otic capsule.’
Mid 17th century: from Greek ōtikos, from ous, ōt- ear.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.