Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The lover of a married or similarly attached man.‘her husband left the matrimonial home to live with the other woman’
boyfriend, girlfriend, man friend, woman friend, lady friend, lady-love, beau, loved one, beloved, love, darling, sweetheartView synonyms
- ‘It showed that men are more willing to straddle two boats if the other woman doesn't demand a divorce.’
- ‘She could not tell what he was seeing in her, but at last he turned to the other woman.’
- ‘They had both two-timed her, and then married the other woman in both cases.’
- ‘I could tell this other woman meant nothing to Robert and was just a shoulder for him to cry on.’
- ‘Their son was in the home and the child of the other woman was there as well.’
- ‘I loved how there was only one other woman in his life besides me, and that was his mom.’
- ‘Do I believe him when he says there's nothing going on between him and this other woman?’
- ‘You want him to stop seeing the other woman, but she may want you to do the same.’
- ‘The baby he's having with the other woman will be married before he fesses up.’
- ‘His dad left his family when the other woman came to calling and left his mom to raise six kids and work.’
- ‘Sure she had love on her side, but this other woman had an unfathomably long history on hers.’
- ‘Are you afraid your boyfriend will find some other woman more attractive than you?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.