One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The kookiness comes over as detachment or other-worldliness.’
- ‘His private manner and aloofness, coupled with his pre-eminent intellect, no doubt created an aura of other-worldliness around him.’
- ‘Yet I find a fascination in learning about other ways of seeing the reef in which the element of other-worldliness comes through strongly and differently.’
- ‘However, there is absolutely none of the usual weirdness or other-worldliness associated with magical work.’
- ‘In this attitude of other-worldliness in which the world was totally neglected, there was naturally no place for acquiring a knowledge of the physical universe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.