One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The surgical cutting of a bone, especially to allow realignment.
- ‘Therefore, we felt that osteotomy was successful in avoiding further ligament reconstructive surgery in 11 of the 16 patients, or nearly 70% of the patients.’
- ‘The surgeon places a guide over the lateral femur to identify the location for the femoral neck osteotomy.’
- ‘The patient was advised of the risks of midshaft tibial osteotomy and lengthening, and she declined surgery.’
- ‘A variety of surgical treatments for the more advanced lesions have been proposed, including arthroscopic debridement, osteotomy, drilling, and total knee arthroplasty.’
- ‘There are alternative operations depending on how badly your knee is damaged - such as an osteotomy, which may help if only one side of your knee joint has worn down.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.