One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The surgical cutting of a bone, especially to allow realignment.
- ‘There are alternative operations depending on how badly your knee is damaged - such as an osteotomy, which may help if only one side of your knee joint has worn down.’
- ‘A variety of surgical treatments for the more advanced lesions have been proposed, including arthroscopic debridement, osteotomy, drilling, and total knee arthroplasty.’
- ‘Therefore, we felt that osteotomy was successful in avoiding further ligament reconstructive surgery in 11 of the 16 patients, or nearly 70% of the patients.’
- ‘The patient was advised of the risks of midshaft tibial osteotomy and lengthening, and she declined surgery.’
- ‘The surgeon places a guide over the lateral femur to identify the location for the femoral neck osteotomy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.