One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bony projection associated with the degeneration of cartilage at joints.
- ‘Patients with cervical radiculopathy present with cervical pain and neurologic deficits resulting from a herniated nucleus pulposus or an osteophyte.’
- ‘As discs wear down, bone spurs and osteophytes form on the vertebrae in a condition similar to osteoarthritis.’
- ‘We think the loose body most likely represents a previous osteophyte.’
- ‘Aggressive surgical techniques to remove osteophytes from the joint can produce low recurrence rates.’
- ‘Many people develop osteophytes along the spine as a result of the degenerative process.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.