One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The death of bone tissue.
- ‘The scan revealed osteonecrosis involving the lateral aspect of the medial femoral condyle.’
- ‘Spontaneous osteonecrosis may occur in patients with risk factors such as alcoholism or chronic corticosteroid use.’
- ‘The incidence of osteonecrosis or avascular necrosis has fallen as a result of new advances in immunosuppression and lower corticosteroid regimens.’
- ‘Investigators at the National Institutes of Health have demonstrated that a disabling bone disorder, osteonecrosis of the hip, is surprisingly common among patients with HIV infection.’
- ‘It is unclear in this patient which of the possible factors contributed to the pathogenesis of osteonecrosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.