One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of bone or bone marrow, usually due to infection.
- ‘A bone scan showed osteomyelitis of the left sacroiliac joint and inflammation of multiple muscles.’
- ‘Osteitis or osteomyelitis may be observed with imaging studies, but bone biopsy may be necessary.’
- ‘The presence of deep infection with abscess, cellulitis, gangrene, or osteomyelitis is an indication for hospitalization and prompt surgical drainage.’
- ‘Approximately one-third to two-thirds of patients with diabetes who have foot infections will develop osteomyelitis.’
- ‘A complete exam should be performed including a musculoskeletal exam for septic arthritis and osteomyelitis, neurologic exam, and skin exam.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.