One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of bone or bone marrow, usually due to infection.
- ‘A complete exam should be performed including a musculoskeletal exam for septic arthritis and osteomyelitis, neurologic exam, and skin exam.’
- ‘Approximately one-third to two-thirds of patients with diabetes who have foot infections will develop osteomyelitis.’
- ‘Osteitis or osteomyelitis may be observed with imaging studies, but bone biopsy may be necessary.’
- ‘A bone scan showed osteomyelitis of the left sacroiliac joint and inflammation of multiple muscles.’
- ‘The presence of deep infection with abscess, cellulitis, gangrene, or osteomyelitis is an indication for hospitalization and prompt surgical drainage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.