One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The pathological destruction or disappearance of bone tissue.
- ‘Cement has been partially effective, as it acts to seal the bone and prevent osteolysis.’
- ‘The right shoulder showed possible osteolysis of the distal end of the clavicle, which may have been related to the history of recent weightlifting.’
- ‘Atraumatic osteolysis of the distal clavicle is an unusual injury that occurs most often in weightlifters.’
- ‘As improved fixation allowed implants to remain implanted longer, it became apparent that a method to reduce polyethylene wear, which results in osteolysis, was needed.’
- ‘At one-year and annual visits, range of motion and x-rays are assessed to check for loosening, stress fractures, or osteolysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.