One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The pathological destruction or disappearance of bone tissue.
- ‘Cement has been partially effective, as it acts to seal the bone and prevent osteolysis.’
- ‘At one-year and annual visits, range of motion and x-rays are assessed to check for loosening, stress fractures, or osteolysis.’
- ‘Atraumatic osteolysis of the distal clavicle is an unusual injury that occurs most often in weightlifters.’
- ‘As improved fixation allowed implants to remain implanted longer, it became apparent that a method to reduce polyethylene wear, which results in osteolysis, was needed.’
- ‘The right shoulder showed possible osteolysis of the distal end of the clavicle, which may have been related to the history of recent weightlifting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.