Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The formation of bone.
- ‘As a consequence, the mineralized septa providing the scaffold for bone deposition cannot be formed, and osteogenesis itself is severely disturbed.’
- ‘Inflammation is a necessary step in the healing of normal body tissues, and osteoblasts specifically require prostaglandins for osteogenesis and differentiation.’
- ‘Stimulation of osteogenesis leading to bone repair, as in patients with large bone defects, fracture non-unions, and incomplete allograft consolidation, is clinically desirable for early healing and restoration of function.’
- ‘Platelet concentrates also have the potential to improve fracture healing and enhance osteogenesis.’
- ‘Although both groups exhibit very similar chondrogenic patterns of the tarsus, only the amphibian pattern is preserved through osteogenesis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.