One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bone cell, formed when an osteoblast becomes embedded in the material it has secreted.
- ‘These cells, the osteocytes, have long extensions which pass down an interlocking network of canaliculi in the bone.’
- ‘Satellite cells are a type of adult stem cells that can become myocytes, adipocytes or osteocytes.’
- ‘Strain detection in the skeleton is thought to be effected by bone-lining cells and osteocytes embedded within the bone matrix.’
- ‘Building new bone is in part a problem of balance: regulating osteocytes, that add bone, and osteoclasts, that break it down.’
- ‘This communication network serves for transport of nutrients, waste products, and signaling molecules from the vascular system to the osteocytes and vice versa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.