Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A bone cell, formed when an osteoblast becomes embedded in the material it has secreted.
- ‘Satellite cells are a type of adult stem cells that can become myocytes, adipocytes or osteocytes.’
- ‘This communication network serves for transport of nutrients, waste products, and signaling molecules from the vascular system to the osteocytes and vice versa.’
- ‘Strain detection in the skeleton is thought to be effected by bone-lining cells and osteocytes embedded within the bone matrix.’
- ‘Building new bone is in part a problem of balance: regulating osteocytes, that add bone, and osteoclasts, that break it down.’
- ‘These cells, the osteocytes, have long extensions which pass down an interlocking network of canaliculi in the bone.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.