One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cell which secretes the substance of bone.
- ‘Excessive alcohol intake inhibits bone formation, possibly by a direct toxic effect on osteoblasts.’
- ‘In animals, statins increased the number of osteoblasts and new bone formation.’
- ‘Additionally, vitamin D helps osteoblasts incorporate minerals into bone.’
- ‘Finally, there is a zone in which the cartilage cells die and are replaced by bone laid down by osteoblasts.’
- ‘Fluoride increases bone formation by stimulating osteoblasts and increasing cancellous bone formation in patients with osteoporosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.