Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for phosphoric acid
- ‘For carbonates, CO2 gas was yielded from each sample by reaction with orthophosphoric acid at 90°C, and the isotope ratios were measured using a VG Isocarb device and Prism mass spectrometer.’
- ‘The pH value at which a one molar solution exists as half orthophosphoric acid and half dihydrogen phosphate ion, H 2 PO 4 -, the pK 1, is 2.15.’
- ‘A phosphate is a salt that is prepared from orthophosphoric acid.’
- ‘Soil samples were pretreated with excess 0.1 M orthophosphoric acid to remove inorganic C salts.’
- ‘Barley scutellar scrapes were isolated from barley grain imbibed for 48 h and labelled in vivo for 3 h with [P] orthophosphoric acid either in the presence (+) or absence (-) of 5 mM amino acids.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.