One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His major work focused on his orthogenetic developmental theory.’
- ‘Basically, Newell rejected the common view according to which allometry implies nonadaptive, or orthogenetic evolution.’
- ‘The fuel in his orthogenetic engine is ‘mutation bias’. Mutation produces novel phenotypes, but it does not produce all novel phenotypes in equal frequency in a given population.’
- ‘Most American biologists had a looser expectation - that some progressive, or ‘orthogenetic’, force guided life in certain directions, most notably toward humanity and Anglo-American civilization.’
- ‘Evolutionary discussions after the publication of the six editions of the Origin and the later works took many shapes, and raised several different lines of inquiry including neo-Lamarckianism and orthogenetic theory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.