One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They were a diverse group, including both short and straight orthoconic (long-shelled) sometimes nearly cylindrical shelled forms.’
- ‘Other molluscs are present but less common, including bivalves, scaphopods, orthoconic cephalopods, tentaculitids, and small, indeterminate juvenile ammonoids.’
- ‘Conch orthoconic with depressed triangular cross-section; both dorsum and venter of shell with longitudinal ribs, and ventral internal mold smooth.’
- ‘Cephalopod mollusks such as the orthoconic nautiloids patrolled the benthos, in a role as the main macrophagous predator.’
- ‘The apical end is missing, although the remainder of the conch suggests that its shape is orthoconic, and the apical angle may be inferred as being about 15 [degrees].’
- ‘Riccardi & Sabattini described Sueroceras, an orthoconic form with reticulate ornament, from the Late Carboniferous of Patagonia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.