One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In north-west Scotland, for example, the lithosphere thickened during Caledonian orogenesis began to collapse under the influence of gravity from Early Devonian times.’
- ‘During Variscan orogenesis further deformation and magmatism affected the North Armorican Massif.’
- ‘This, he suggested, was an intentional mechanism for generating the prodigious amounts of heat necessary for such things as rapid orogenesis, the rapid melting of protoliths, etc.’
- ‘Two main phases of orogenic activity are recognized: preAndean orogenesis and Andean orogenesis.’
- ‘Our interpretation, that the clasts are largely derived from the underlying sequence, therefore supports Precambrian orogenesis within the lower parts of the Dalradian.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.